Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
You “Participant” hereby acknowledge and agree that participation in any class or activity in any way sponsored by and/or conducted in any fashion by The Institute of Wedding & Event Design LLC (IWED), including usage of equipment, services, any facilities, equipment or premises, involves risks of injury to persons and property, and Participant assumes full responsibility for such risks.
In consideration for participation in any event or class activity sponsored by IWED, participant agrees to the following:
Participant hereby releases and holds IWED, its directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all liability to Participant, Participant’s children and Participant’s personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any loss or damage, and forever gives up any claim or demands therefore, on account of injury to Participant’s person or property, including injury leading to the death of the Participant, whether cause by active or passive negligence of IWED or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
It is acknowledged that participation may include but not be limited to the following: Pipe and drape assembly, climbing ladders, table draping with pins and hardware, centerpiece design with glass items and ceiling draping with ladder climbing. Member also hereby agrees to indemnify IWED from any loss, liability, damage or cost IWED may incur due to participant using any facilities or equipment of IWED whether cause by participant or otherwise.
The threat of Covid-19 still exists and while we will be implementing safety measures, such as mask mandates and increased sanitization, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 by participating in any IWED Global workshop.
Participants must follow any safety precautions that IWED Global may have in place.
Participant further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Florida and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full force and effect.
Member has read this release and waiver of liability and indemnity clause, and agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from this Agreement has been made. Participant further agrees any and all litigation shall occur in the State of Florida, Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, Broward County.
In the event that a student is attending the 5 Day Floral Course provided by IWED, they are doing so at their own discretion and with full understanding that live flowers and scents will be used during the course. The student must notify the IWED staff ahead of time of any allergy concerns to determine if participation in the course is possible. IWED will not be held responsible for any health-related issues with students participation in the course. If you have any questions about the materials used in the course instruction, please speak to an IWED staff member immediately.
The Participant agrees to pay either a one time pay in full value for the IWED services or a monthly payment amount that was agreed upon checkout. Any failure to make payment for services will result in cancellation of the Participants class registration, and restriction of access to online materials. In the event that payment is not gathered within 45 days from receipt of invoice, the Participant account will be sent to collections.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- For all hands on location workshops, The Institute of Wedding and Event Design (IWED) reserves the right to cancel a workshop for any reason the company sees fit and provide all enrolled clients with a minimum notice of one week.
- A refund of any kind is not available for any reason; however, participants may choose to allocate any previous payments towards future classes or alternative services with The Institute of Wedding and Event Design. There is a limit of 6 months (180 days), from original date of enrolment, in which funds may be allocated to future or alternative workshops.
- IWED is not responsible for any additional expenses a client may incur due to their enrollment in a cancelled workshop
- A fee of $25.00 will be applied to any payments that are 30 days overdue
- A fee of $25.00 will be applied to any echeck payments that are returned
- A fee of $250.00 will be applied to any student who reschedules an in person workshop with less than 10 days notice
- Cancelling or rescheduling an in person workshop within 72 hours of the workshop start date will result in a total loss of funds
- For any and all workshops or online courses The Institute of Wedding and Event Design (IWED) reserves the right to retain all registration fees, or if no registration fee has been applied, IWED reserves the right to retain a portion of monies received, to cover any administration costs and use of services up until the cancellation date. This applies to all Enrollments, regardless of the extent of the client’s participation.
- If a client does not attend class and does not notify any IWED employee of their intention not to attend, any and all payments made up to that point in time will be non-refundable and non-transferable to any other enrolment
- Any student wishing to transfer their Enrolment fee’s to another class must provide notice 30 days prior to the start of a class to avoid a transfer fee. After this time, payments may be non transferable.
- Under no circumstances will any Online Enrolment be refundable.
- Supplemental courses taught by IWED and offered under the IWED brand will adhere to the same guidelines listed here.
- In the event that a client is not able to attend the workshop due to illness, act of god or any other situation that prevents the client from physically attending, the client must provide written notice to IWED to receive consideration for special circumstances related to partial refunds
- For any IWED Online course(s) all products which are deemed to be used are non-refundable. In this case ‘products’ are defined to include both tangible and intangible good and services provided to the client by IWED and its partners and can include, but is not limited to: equipment purchased for the purpose of course completion and access to online course material(s).
- Refunds for goods that are unused will not be provided for any reasons and are deemed non-refundable and non-transferable
- If a client decides to cancel their participation in an online course and has ordered or received equipment at a reduced rate that is available only to active IWED online students, then that client shall be responsible for paying the remaining balance of the FULL RETAIL value of the equipment.
Photo Release Form
I grant The Institute of Wedding and Event Design LLC and its representatives and its employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with the above identified subject. I authorize The Institute of Wedding and Event Design LLC, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that The Institute of Wedding and Event Design LLC may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.